Dr. Albert T. W. Simeons was a world acclaimed endocrinologist accountable for the betterment in research of many tropical diseases. Dr. Simeons was awarded the Red Cross Order of Excellence for his excellent work with Malaria. While working with pregnant women in India, Dr. Simeons recognize that these malnourished women were giving birth to healthy children. After executing further research, Dr. Simeon’s detected that the HCG hormone which is usually produced by women during pregnancy was acting a backup procedure that permitted these women to maintain their unborn even though they were taking a low amount of calories. Dr. Simeons included that the hCG hormone utilize into the stored fat as a source of energy. From these discoveries, Dr. Simeons’ hCG diet was born.
The Original HCG Diet
This HCG Diet includes portion directly from Dr. Simeons original HCG diet manuscript, “Pounds and Inches” including the original Very Low-Calorie Diet.
While there are currently hundreds of variations, the HCG diet protocol explained below is the unedited, original HCG Diet Plan as described by Dr. Simeons. The HCG Diet Foods record and menu detail is also from the original manuscript and is unedited, but there may be notes attached by the editor for your convenience.
The Original HCG Diet Protocol by Dr. Simeons
Breakfast: Tea or coffee in any amount without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed for 24 hours. Saccharin or Stevia may be utilized.
- 100 grams of veal, lobster, crab, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, or shrimp. All visible fat must be cautiously taken out prior to preparing food, and the meat must be measured raw. It must be grilled or boiled without extra fat. Salmon, dried or pickled fish eel, tuna, herring, are not allowed. The chicken breast must be taken out from the bird [before cooking.]
- One type of vegetable only to be selected from the following: spinach, green salad, tomatoes, red radishes, cucumbers, chard, chicory, beet-greens, celery, fennel, onions, asparagus, cabbage.
- One Melba toast or one breadstick.
- An orange, apple, or a handful of strawberries.
Dinner: The same four selections as lunch (above.)
Dr. Simeons hCG Weight Loss Protocol:
Injections are taken each day. The dosage for the Simeons protocol is 125 iu taken each day, for not more than 40 days.
From the document of Dr. Simeon: “When treating only one or two cases simultaneously, vials comprise of a small number of units say 1000 I.U. should be utilized. The 10 cc. of solvent which is provided by the maker is injected into the rubber- capped bottle comprising the hCG, and the powder must dissolve immediately. Of this solution 1 .25 cc. are restrained for every injection. One such bottle of 1000 I.U., therefore, provides 8 injections. When addition than one patient is being treated, they should not all have their own bottle but somewhat all be injected from the same vial and a new solution made when this is finish.”
“Patients who require decreasing 15 pounds or, 7 kilos or less need 26 days treatment with 23 daily injections.” The very low-calorie diet is continued for 3 days coming to the end of the injections to avoid weight regain.
Personal Care and Beauty Products on the HCG Diet:
- Use of lipstick, powder, and such lotions as are fully free of fatty elements is allowed. We also admit brilliantine to be utilized on the hair, but it must not be massaged into the scalp. Obviously, sun-tan oil is prohibited. [Editor’s note: Most HCG dieter’s find they have no stall or loss rate changes when they continue to use today’s makeup and personal care products.]
- Aspirin and birth control are allowed on the Simeons hCG Diet.
- No massage of any kind. [Editor’s note: Most HCG dieters have no problems getting massages on the diet, and most protocol variations encourage anything that will increase circulation.]
Important Highlights from the HCG Diet Manuscript:
- The 500 calorie limit must always be continued.
- 2 small apples are not a satisfactory exchange for “1 apple.”
- Occasionally we permit egg – boiled, raw or poached – to patients who develop an allergy to meat, but in this case, they must add the white of three eggs to the one they eat whole.
- Cottage cheese built from skimmed milk is accessible 100 grams may occasionally be used instead of the meat