Known as the stabilization phase, HCG diet phase 3 plays a great role in losing weight with the use of HCG. As you possibly know, it gives you the flexibility to eat more freely as you could in phase 2, during this maintenance phase. It sounds too much exciting, as the intake of more free foods, even can help you to lose weight. However, it is also scary for weight loss participants using this diet program. All you need to do is to remember the things you can do in this phase, which can aid you in maintaining the weight loss goals.
Introduction to the maintenance phase!
It is the phase, which involves 3 weeks after finishing the HCG drops or injections. When you reach the final day of the HCG intake, it is good enough to keep the calorie diet for 500 in number for an extra 3 days. By doing this thing, you can easily ensure that all traces of HCG are out of the system, prior to getting started with the larger portions of food back in the body. During this phase, you are going to teach your body how to get stabilized. This is the main reason why you need to keep up with the right course.
As you are free to eat anything, it is also important to put a control on the calorie diet in order to avoid instant weight gain. When you vary, your body is not sure what your body weight needs to be. It all leads to confusion what food items need to be stored or what has to be burned, leading to inaccurate and wrong outcomes.
Three rules of HCG Diet Phase 3:
Entering into this phase does not mean that you can eat all things. Along with the right eating habits, you must take care of the below mentioned rules:
- Keep a constant check on your weight. For this, you can have a weighing machine at your home or visit the medical store to check your weight.
- It is not good to eat sugars and starches, so, keep control over them.
- When it comes to weight, it is important to remain within two pounds of the weight at the time of last injection or drop intake.
How to get started with P3?
- Be prepared yourself before entering
- Create a spreadsheet to mention the calorie intake and calorie burned daily
- Read everything on the label, before you are going to eat packaged foods
- Install an app to calculate the calorie burnt or gained
- Prepare a list to know about what foods you can take
- Ask the restaurant’s waiter to know about the included ingredients in any food
- Track your calories during and after the phase 3
Foods to take during P3
When you are talking about the phase 3 diet, it needs to be very strict and under controlled, no matter whether you are allowed to eat anything. Of course, this phase opens up different types of new food options. Starch and sugar are the main things, which must be avoided in this phase. In fact, there are people, who still worry about what they are going to eat exactly.
There are different varieties of foods you can take, depending on the different categories, such as:
- Meat: Liver, Elk, Beef Roast, Venison, Ground Beef, Pork Chops and Bacon.
- Fish: Eel, Anchovy, Herring, Bass, Catfish, Mahi-mahi, and Tuna.
- Vegetables: Eggplant, Bean Sprouts, Bamboo Shoots, Okra, Mushrooms, Green Beans, Broccoli, Pickles, Bok Choy, Cauliflower and a lot more.
- Fruits: Limes, Honeydew, Apricots, Plums, Lemons, Pineapple, Blackberries, Blueberries, Coconut, Peaches, Limes and so on.
- Poultry: Duck,Turkey,Goose and Pheasant.
- Other protein sources: Tofu, Soy, nuts of all types and Hummus.
Recipes to prepare
While preparing recipes, it is essential to take care of the below mentioned steps:
- In the first step, the starches and sugars are avoided, except the natural sugars only from fruits for the first three weeks.
- The second step allows you to add starches and sugars slowly in a healthy manner in the next 3 weeks.
Recipes to be considered : broccoli cheese soup, chocolate waffles, chicken fajita, cheesy salsa chicken, pizza sauce, and cream cheese pizza crust, cheese only pizza crust, grilled squash, hot chocolate, flax brownies and many others. To know more about other recipes of Phase 3, you can go online and check the list.
Q. What types of proteins I need to be avoided?
A. Beans are the most essential protein types, you need to avoid, especially garbanzo, fava white, lima, black, kidney, and pinto.
Q. Which types of vegetables are not good to take in phase 3?
A. Corn, Peas, Carrots, Beets, Leeks, Avocado, Parsnips, Butternut Squash, Celeriac, Artichoke, Sweet Potatoes, Yams, Water Chestnuts and many others, are not advised to take.
Q. What ifI do not track the calorie count?
A. Track your weight regularly in order to watch the progress. Many times, a body will start gaining if you are not tracking the calorie count.
Q. How many calories I can increase in phase 3?
A. In this phase, at least 1500 calories are needed to be increased. Use the calculators to find the minimum calorie intake. Avoid taking 500 calorie diet, once the HCG injections or drops are out of your system.
Q. Injections or Drops, which are better to take?
A. It depends on you, which is better. If you are capable of facing pain, then use injections; otherwise, HCG drops are recommended.
Q. Is enough water necessary to take?
A. Yes, of course, take as much water as you can.
Q. What is the necessary period for HCG diet phase 3?
A. 3 weeks are required to include with the HCG diet in phase 3.
Q. Do I follow the low-calorie diet after this phase?
A. Yes, for sure, however, make sure to visit your HCG doctor to get advice. It is important to ensure that you have adequate HCG without delay to carry on the program as well as diet in a successful manner.